COVID-19 (novel coronavirus): when should your crisis management team be activated
31st January 2020
In light of the WHO declaring COVID-19 (novel coronavirus) as a Public Health Emergency of International Concern, RiskLogic’s Regional Manager – Simon Petie talks to what organisations can do to mitigate the impacts of the COVID-19 outbreak.
- Work on the information that is available to you at the time
- If the information is not right for your business, seek advice from subject-matter experts. Ie
- Speak to your local GP (General Practioner)
- Speak to a medical facility that is available to you as a business
- Understand the potential impacts to your people, operations and reputation.
- If the impacts are realised, start bringing the right team together by activating your:
- As a team, you may want to have discussions around the actions that need to be taken. This can include activating a communications response plan that will enable you to understand the impact and address the concerns of both internal and external stakeholders.
If you need more information on responding to the novel coronavirus outbreak, please contact RiskLogic on 1300 731 138.